Hi, as you might be guessing, I’m Roberta.
I’m a Mexican 17-year-old girl who longs for the day that I’ll be free.
If you find yourself reading this, it’s possible that you want to know more about one of the authors of this blog, -or maybe you just clicked on the wrong page- so to keep things simple here are lists of things I love to do and facts about me.
Things I love to do:
- A big part of traveling is learning. I love learning about new cultures, new people, new hobbies, and new technologies and inventions that are changing our current world. I like to be informed about what is going on inside and outside the bubble I live in. Be prepared for unprofessional opinions about popular or not so popular social conversations.
- Taking Pictures
- It’s funny because I’m not that invested in social media and I maybe post a picture on instagram only every six months, no selfies. What I love about photography is being able to capture a sentiment, a moment, a feeling. I’m not going to lie, I don’t have the best memory for details and pictures can help me remember every single detail of that moment. Expect lots of photo galleries from me, without me
- I’ve danced since I was 4 years old. I loved dancing as a little girl but only because I had a fun time with friends. I remember there was a moment when I felt so stressed and like a total joke, so I wanted to quit. There is a long story there but I ended up realising how much I loved dancing. How it helps me get it all out there without harming anyone, well maybe there have been a few accident kicks.
- Now, don’t think what you are thinking! I don’t own fashion magazines, I don’t have designer clothes, I am not obsessed with models and celebrities lives and definitely don’t want to be them. Fashion represents something different to me than to most people. I like making my own clothes and do not have a certain or specific style. I love how many people, not all, use fashion to express themselves. I love when people know who they are and are not afraid to show the world. When people are authentic and don’t care about following the crowd and standing out. That is fashion to me; expressing yourself with the things you wear.
- It’s absolutely no secret that I love eating. I sometimes think there is a problem with me because I am hungry 24/7. Even after I get food I could keep on eating or wait an hour and become hungry again. So from this endless hunger of mine I developed a curiosity and need to learn how to make food. I am not the best cook because I still have a lot to learn, but there is something I am better at; baking.
- I have a sweet tooth -it comes from my mother’s side- and I have always been great at satisfying it. Since I was little I learned to make boxed brownies and cake until one day, I felt like I could do more. So I searched up how to make brownies from scratch leading me up to now. I feel like you could give me a recipe and I could easily bake your favourite dessert.
- As I have said before, I love learning and by reading you learn. So of course I love reading typical teenage novels like John Green and Sarah Dessen, -no Harry Potter by the way, nor Twilight- but I also love reading about other people’s lives and experiences, things they know how to do and how they do them, things that have changed their lives and how they got through them, etc. Reading allows you to step into the world of someone else and step aside from your own for a while. Sometimes you need a little break, and reading can give you that.
- and of course, Writing
- On my 13th birthday I gave myself a personalized binder for me to write in. I knew that I was entering a complicated and emotional period of my life, of course it was all in my head, but I felt it. Whenever I got really sad or really happy I would write there. It would help me get my mind centered and let go of all the non-sense that I was feeling. Writing has always been a way to help me lose myself. It is very similar to dancing, I get to let go of the things that are bothering me and keep everything else sane. Writing is my escape, and now, it’s yours too.
I am a lot of things and I love doing a lot of things. I often find myself stressed out because I don’t have time to do all these things at the same time and with writing I feel like I can combine everything I love to do and everything that makes me who I am.
Facts about me:
- I prefer watching series over movies.
- I like mixing peanut butter and nutella.
- I hate running.
- I wish I could be a good singer.
- I wanted to be an actress when I was little.
- My dog is a human with four legs and we have actual conversations sometimes.
- I once had about 200 bunnies living in my backyard, yeah, bunnies do reproduce quickly.
- I have big hazel eyes.
- I used to have natural ash brown hair but it now looks like dark brown.
- I used to have a youtube channel. Those videos are gone tho so don’t try to look for them because they are not there.
Follow me on my social media!
The Journal of Two Wanderers Social Media: